Friday, July 06, 2007

The After Hours

Growing up as a kid, Maui was very country. We didn't have the big malls, theatres, and themed parks. We had one theatre and little money. Most of my childhood was spent drawing, participating in Boy Scout activities, burning things with my magnifying glass and playing basketball. Then one day Borders Bookstore opened up. I'd sketch late nights with my friend Aaron Nakahara there. He's a comic book artist. So in his honor I have done this sketch at a bookstore in comic style.

6 comments:

singinghawk said...

beautiful updates, Edwin...glad you stopped by again...almost forgot about you! :o)

Josh Kao said...

your sketchbook is awesome....especially like the way you compose the page.

echoform said...

thanks for making my sunday feel like a friday. :)

edwinushiro said...

My pleasure to share with you all.

William Fenholt said...

This is nice. It wouldn't have occurred to me to use the red the way that you have. Great choice

DINTOONS said...

great camera angle... love the unfinished look and feel!