Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Starfruit for Wednesday

Over this past weekend, I was startled to find starfruit at the local 99 Ranch Market. What great memories this delicious fruit uprooted. During my childhood, Uncle Johnny had this massive starfruit tree in his side yard. Whenever it was in bloom, he would drop them off because I was very fascinated by it's taste and shape. I'm still not quite sure if it's botanical name is starfruit, but that's what we called it around the Ushiro home. Boy, it's awesome that something so simple would harness so much meaning.

4 comments:

William Fenholt said...

delicious. my sister lived in hawaii for a while and she was always telling us about the amazing fruits there are out there.

edwinushiro said...

Damn William your becoming a regular. Thanks for the drop-in.

echoform said...

looks tasty. having grown up in so. cal., i was unaware that sanrio made custom fruits in hawaii.

edwinushiro said...

c'mon man. Check it out at your market. I think your people made it!