Friday, November 16, 2007

Japan: Arrival

Japan is a wonderous country that encased happy memories for me. This year, between Oct. 17 and Nov. 7 more memories would be added. My adventure started in Narita at 6:15PM. My Brother and I traveled by train to Asakusa. I explore my habitat to find hustlers and bars. Not my kind of town, but it felt good to make that stroll. The evening felt fresh and ends at the Tokyo Hostel.
The next day we located our parents and our home for the moment (a family friends' place near Shibuya). From there we drove back to Asakusa to see the hand of a Kappa. A Kappa is a mythical creature that lived in the water, ate small children, animals and somehow found a way to mingled with villagers. Every store here capitalize on the Kappa phenomenon. I mean, even my ice cream was a Kappa!

1 comment:

William Fenholt said...

I like the little animal thing made out of food. Interesting. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and my sister and I used to make snowmen out of the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving.