Monday, December 07, 2009

Inbound Mail: The Ark Project

Last week I got a surprise in the mail. It's a book entitled, "The Ark Project" which was created by my friends in Argentina, Diego and Chai, collectively known as DGPH and published by IdN. The book contains 210 illustrations of animals that can be found in the region you were born. My animal is Hawaii's state bird, the Nene Goose. It is on the endangered species list and can only be found in the islands of Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii. Artists included in this book are: Friends With You, Josh Keyes, Aya Kakeda. Tessar Lo, Roland Tamayo, and Yoskay Yamamoto. Other than the small cost to fuel production of the book, a large percentage of the profits will be donated to a wildlife organization. Learn more here.

1 comment:

Christina Conway said...

I just added this to my christmas wish list over the weekend. It looks wonderful! Didn't realize you're in it too! :) Greatness!!