Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Year of the Labbit" at the Japanese American National Museum

On Thursday, July 14, the Japanese American National Museum will open the exhibition, "The Year of the Labbit" featuring customized toys designed by Frank Kozik by artists such as: Christina Conway, Mark Nagata, Stan Sakai, Mike Shinoda, Yoskay Yamamoto, and me (the black one above is my contribution). And speaking of Stan Sakai, there will also be a retrospective exhibition of his work including original drawings and paintings that spans 25 years of his character, Usagi Yojimbo. I am really stoked to see it. I've seen Stan almost every year at the San Diego Comic Convention but I never had the balls to approach him. Maybe this show might be my chance. Maybe your chance too.

"Year of the Labbit" and "Year of the Rabbit": Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo"
Thursday, July 14 from 6PM - 9PM
at: Japanese American National Museum
369 East First Street
Los Angeles CA 90012
213.625.0414
janm.org






No comments: