Sunday, November 25, 2007

Japan: Depature

Here are pictures from Hokkaido. The first couple images are from an old train station in Kofuku (meaning: Happiness). The station was littered from floor to ceiling with love letters, business cards, pictures and written memories. It's kind of like a wishing well. Hokkaido was dam'n cold at first until you get used to it. I had a great time hanging out with my eldest cousin and her kids. We played baseball, visited museums, went to the ski lift, local zoo and a ramen shop (which coincidentally has another location in West Los Angeles). My Brother and I visited Hokkaido for several days then returned to Misawa to see Grandma for another night ...then visited my relatives in Hanyu for one last night ...then it was off to Narita to catch our flight back to the US. Man, we did so many things it felt like I stayed in Japan an entire year. Sitting here typing all this stuff makes me really appreciate everything we did. The last image I want to share with you is a quick 10 minute sketch of Omiya Station. It's my last drawing of Japan.

No comments: