Monday, June 14, 2010

Nihonjins!

Yoskay Yamamoto "Intimate Strangers" from Jeremy Asher Lynch on Vimeo.

This is the promotional video for Yoskay Yamamoto's latest solo exhibition at LeBasse Projects in Culver City. He created an installation that blew me away. Yoskay is such a talented guy and it is my pleasure to have him as a friend. Here is proof of his amazing skills.
Another friend from Japan is Mari Inukai. She just completed her big solo exhibition at Copro Gallery in Santa Monica. I am so proud of her. Although her show is over, it still lives on online. I apologize many times for not posting this sooner Mari-chan. Gomenasai!

"Familiar Strangers"
Solo Exhibition by Yoskay Yamamoto
at: LeBasse Projects
6023 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
310.558.0200

1 comment:

Heidi Alamanda said...

The video is beautiful. Somehow it looks like he's actually in Japan. I've seen photos from Yoskay's solo but not this video. Thanks for sharing.

Mari Inukai's Hokkyoku Seifuku is adorable and my favorite.

I hope all is well with you, Edwin